PhD positions in "Verification of Quantum Cryptography"
At the Quantum Cryptography Group, University of Tartu, we are looking for phd students on Verification of Quantum Cryptography. Full funding is available.
We are starting a project in which we will develop methods for the verification of proofs in quantum cryptography. Similar to what the EasyCrypt tool does in classical cryptography. The scope of the project covers everything from the logical foundations, through the development of tools, to the verification of real quantum protocols.
The ideal candidate would have experience in:
- Theorem proving
- Verification of classical cryptography
- Quantum cryptography
- Quantum computation / communication
Students who are enthusiastic about those topics, and have some background related to (some) of these, are encouraged to apply.
Please contact Dominique Unruh <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you have more questions about the project, the required background, Estonia, the position itself, or the application process.
PhD students will have to pay no tuition fees and will be funded with 1000 Euro net (after taxes). This is highly competitive in Estonia due to low costs of living. Healthcare is covered.
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Curriculum vitae (please explain your scientific background)
- List of publications
- Research plan (i.e., how do you think you could contribute to the topic)
- At least two letters of reference (please ask for the letters to be sent directly to us)
- Masters degree (if you do not have it yet, provide whatever confirmation you can get)
- Grade transcript
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.