Phd positions within the ERC Consolidator grant “Certified Quantum Security”
(Postdoc positions here.)
As part of the ERC Consolidator Grant "Certified Quantum Security" and the US Airforce project "Verification of Quantum Cryptography", we are looking for phd students to work on verification of quantum cryptography (or more generally on quantum cryptography).
In the project, we develop methods for the verification of proofs in quantum cryptography. Similar to what the EasyCrypt tool does in classical cryptography. The scope of the project covers everything from the logical foundations, through the development of tools, to the verification of real quantum protocols, as well as progress in quantum and post-quantum cryptography itself.
We are looking for candidates who are strong in mathematics, and have some prior experience with quantum computing/crypto and/or with verification/logic/semantics.
Please contact Dominique Unruh <firstname.lastname@example.org> if you have more questions about the project, the required background, Estonia, the position itself, or the application process. I can also provide a detailed description of the overall research project.
The positions are fully funded. Tuition fee is covered. A 1060 Euro per month scholarship/salary after taxes is provided. Health insurance is covered. (Estonia has a low cost of living.) Additional remuneration for, e.g., teaching is possible.
Applications are accepted at any time (until all positions are filled), and positions can start as soon as possible.
To apply, please send the following documents to email@example.com:
- Curriculum vitae (please explain your scientific background)
- List of publications, if any
- A summary explaining your master thesis/thesis project (and possible connections to the position)
- Research plan (i.e., how do you think you could contribute to the topic)
- At least two letters of reference (please ask for the letters to be sent directly to us)
- Masters degree (if you do not have it yet, provide whatever confirmation you can get)
- Grade transcript
Please apply as soon as possible.