Researcher (postdoc) in cryptography
The Cryptography group at the University of Tartu, Estonia, is looking for a researcher (postdoc) in cryptography, preferably with strengths on one of the following topics:
- Theory of cryptography
- Quantum cryptography
- Mathematics (applied to cryptography)
- Any other area that complements the existing team
The Cryptography group in Tartu (senior members: Dominique Unruh, Helger Lipmaa, Sven Laur) does research on a variety of cryptography related topic, such as quantum cryptography, verification, foundations of cryptography, cryptographic protocols, e-voting, etc. On the coding theory side, we also have Vitaly Skachek.
Researchers at U Tartu are full faculty members. Salary is 2000 euro (cost of living in Estonia is quite low, see e.g. http://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living), with an employment contract for three years.
A successful candidate should:
- Hold a phd degree
- Have a strong background in cryptography or a relevant related field
- Have an international publication record at outstanding venues
To apply, please submit the following documents (by email):
- Letter of motivation
- Research plan
- Two letters of reference (make sure they reach us by the application deadline)
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list
- Phd degree
Deadline for applications: 1 November 2013
Do not hesitate to contact us in case of questions.
Contact: Dominique Unruh, e-mail see http://www.cs.ut.ee/~unruh/